Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome to the 21st Century.

I am technologically challenged. It’s true. Everyone knows. My daughter has both an ipod and a DS – neither of which I really know how to use very well. I have a digital camera that I love, but I basically just take pictures with it – I don’t have a clue how to use all the cool functions it has.  We recently got a digital video camera, and although there is video on it, I have yet to figure out how to load the software on my computer so that I can download and edit it. Baby steps.

But I have to say that I am now in love. With my iPhone. The one I was sure I didn’t want and couldn’t figure out. I had a little help at first (thank God for teenage babysitters) but I am now obsessed. I can check my email and my facebook from my phone, manage my calendar (which is huge because you’ve seen the title of this blog!), check the weather, and listen to music. I’m certain once I really start getting into downloading apps, I will be playing games and entertaining my children in the grocery store line and doctor’s waiting room.

My favorite app so far – Walt Disney World information and ride waiting times.  Just to get a little piece of the magic, I can check the weather, crowd level and wait times at my favorite Disney parks.  It doesn’t matter that I won’t be visiting the mouse again until October – it’s just fun to daydream for a few minutes! "The
Happiest Place
on Earth" is at my fingertips whenever I want. Cinderella’s Castle is my screensaver. I’m sure if I wanted to I could make “It’s a Small World” my ringtone. I’m starting to think technology is not so bad after all. J

No comments:

Post a Comment