Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Dreaded Christmas Letter

So ever since Mike and I got married, the only Christmas tradition Mike has any interest in is the annual Christmas letter - he insists that we send one in our Christmas card every year. So every year I buy cute paper, write a letter, lay it out, print it (send Mike to Staples for more ink), sign, fold and stuff it in with our card, all the while swearing and complaining.  In theory, I like the idea of a Christmas letter, but really only for the far away relatives who we never see. The other people on my list see me all year round and they already know all this stuff!

This year however, there was no Christmas letter. I finally said no. I was behind in getting my cards done and it was Dec. 23rd and I was freaking out because I had too much to do. And I sealed up the envelopes and put them in the mail.  30 seconds after opening her card, my mother-in-law texted me - "No Christmas letter?"  (She used to live with Mike, so you can imagine how horrifying this must have been for her) - My reply: "No, there's always next year!"

So I'm apologizing here to my husband and to all of you who missed my annual letter this year. I plan to do a post of the "year in review" and hopefully that will make up for some of it (assuming you actually read my pathetic blog). If not, there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment